Huawei was once compelled to dump sub-brand Honor remaining 12 months because of the continuing US sanctions, and the newly unbiased corporate has due to this fact signed agreements with a bunch of US companions. This comprises Qualcomm, and Honor showed that the impending Honor 50 collection shall be launching with the brand new Snapdragon 778G processor (amongst different notable chipset bulletins).
What about Google toughen regardless that? Smartly, Honor Germany famous in a since-deleted tweet that the Honor 50 vary can be coming with Google Cell Services and products (GMS). In order that were given us pondering whether or not Android Authority readers would purchase an Honor telephone now that Google products and services appear to be again.
Would you purchase an Honor telephone now that Google toughen is coming again?
We posted the ballot on Would possibly 24 and it won simply over 3,100 votes. It seems that two-thirds of polled Android Authority readers would purchase an Honor telephone in gentle of the plain Google toughen. It’s simple to know the keenness too, because it will be the first time Honor telephones won Google toughen since 2019. Those new Honor gadgets also are going to be supplied with Snapdragon silicon and the Magic UI pores and skin, with the latter being carefully associated with Huawei’s EMUI pores and skin.
In the meantime, 17% of polled readers mentioned they wouldn’t be purchasing an Honor telephone now that Google is outwardly on board. The feedback level to a dislike of Huawei and Honor’s earlier tool, the loss of an unlockable bootloader on earlier gadgets, and skepticism of Chinese language manufacturers.
More or less 16% of respondents had been at the wall about purchasing an Honor telephone with Google toughen, vote casting “possibly” consequently. That is comprehensible, as we don’t have any main points referring to those new telephones but, except for the chipsets and presence of the Magic UI pores and skin. Moreover, Honor claimed that its new Honor Magic telephones would have nice symbol high quality. However different main points like the remainder of the spec sheet, availability, and pricing are patently no longer identified simply but.
- Skifarterking: EMUI and locked bootloader coverage is a deal breaker for me, however most commonly EMUI.
- Evie: No since the remaining Honor I had, you couldn’t trade the Launcher. That sucked. Without a doubt a deal breaker for me.
- SanBlarnoi: If the bootloader may also be unlocked (and there’s a customized rom neighborhood): sure (if they provide one thing i really like) in a different way: no manner
- Beardednomad: If the telephones are excellent, positive why no longer.
- Jay Deezy: I for sure would. On the time, the Honor 8 was once a super price and a really perfect dimension for me. Implausible digital camera and dependable battery lifestyles. I’m hoping they’re nonetheless making them like that!
- Ralph Knight Mogridge: Would favor Honor cell with Cohesion OS
Thank you for vote casting in our ballot and for leaving feedback. What do you want to look from Honor gadgets in 2021? Tell us beneath.