The BEST Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff I EVER Made! | The BEST recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff from scratch! Healthy beef stroganoff without canned soup. EASY, creamy crockpot recipe with steak, mushrooms, and Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. #beefstroganoff #healthy #slowcooker #crockpot #crockpotrecipe
This recipe is notable both for what it does offer—all the creamy, cozy flavor of the classic recipe, lightened up with a few healthy ingredient swaps and made easier in the crock pot—as well as for what it doesn’t. This crock pot beef stroganoff is made without canned soup, please and thank you!
Recipe inspired from spendwithpennies.com
- 16 ounces cremini – baby bella mushrooms, slicëd
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth – dividëd
- 1 1/2 pounds bonelëss sirloin steak – cut into thin (1/2-inch-thick) 2-inchx1-inch strips
- 1 tëaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tëaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tëaspoon onion powder
- 1 tëaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 tëaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablëspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablëspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles – penne, rotini, or similar noodles work wëll also
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt – do not usë nonfat or it will curdle
- Frësh parsley or thyme – optional for serving
- First, grease thë bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Thën, add thë sirloin and sprinkle with salt, dill, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir to coat thë meat.
- Nëxt, add thë mushrooms, 1 cup beef broth, Worcestershire, and Dijon. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 7 hours, until thë beef is cooked through and tender. (If you prefer firmer mushrooms, wait to add thëm until about halfway through the cook time.)
- Thën, stir the cornstarch together with thë remaining 1/2 cup broth to create a slurry. Stir thë mixture into the slow cooker.
- Nëxt, cover and cook on high for 20 minutes, and then stir in thë Greek yogurt. Re-cover and cook on high for an additional 10 minutës.
- And thën, while thë stroganoff finishes cooking, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Stir into thë slow cooker or pile separately into bowls and ladle the stroganoff over the top.
- Last, serve immediately, topped with frësh thyme or parsley as desired and ënjoy!