17 Skincare Infographics, Charts, and Cheat Sheets That Are Actually Useful | tips for clear skin #clearskin #tipsforclearskin #skincare #skincarecheatsheets #skincareroutine #howtoclearskin
1. For knowing when to toss products after opening:
Two things to keep an especially close eye on? Acne treatments because their active ingredients lose effectiveness over time. And sunscreen, which can essentially go bad once its exposed to a temperature change.
2. For the order of operations:
There are always exceptions, but a good general rule is remembering to apply your products from thinnest to thickest consistency.
3. And for how much — approximately — to use for each step:
Less is (sometimes!) more.
Read more: How Much Product You Really Need — A Guide
4. For mornings when you need a streamlined skincare routine — before moving on to makeup:
Don’t forget the SPF too, though.
Read more: Face Products & The Order of Application
5. For understanding all things acid-related:
AHAs and BHAs both act as mild exfoliants — but it’s important to know the key differences between both.
6. Plus, a further breakdown of common ones:
7. For product timelines and effectiveness:
Shoutout to my fellow ~impatient~ people.
Read more: How Long Skincare Really Takes To Work
8. For deciphering all those symbols on the packaging:
9. For a useful primer on oils:
Also, if you’re not sure where to start with oils, here are several that our readers swear by.
10. For diving into Korean-style skincare — and its famous 10-step routine:
It’s definitely not a quick routine, but after trying a K-Beauty regimen for a month straight, we actually loved the results.
11. And for answering the inevitable “But what *is* that, though?” question when it comes to step #5:
12. For that time of the month — and how it might affect your skin:
13. And for suggestions on how to adjust your routine if you’d like:
14. For all those power combos we keep hearing about:
Some products are even more effective when paired together — while others should always stay separate.
15. For the (sometimes surprising) culprits behind breakouts:
(I’d also add: Wash your pillowcases and towels frequently!)
Learn more at Cosmopolitan.
16. And for your next DIY at-home spa day:
Read more: Easy DIY Beauty & Skin Tips To Try At Home
17. And the last, 4 Step Skincare Routine:
4 Step Skincare Routine | AM & PM skincare routine for clear, glowy skin! #skincare #skincareroutine #howtoclearskin #clearskin #glowyskin
Read more: Morning and Night Skincare Routine
What’s the most useful skincare tip or product you swear by? Share it in the comments!