The Best EASY Shrimp Tacos with cabbage slaw and sweet n sour taco sauce, totally under 30 mins! Delicious spicy shrimp cooked to make these delicious shrimp tacos. #tacos #shrimptacos #seafood #mexican #dinnerrecipes #cabbageslaw
HOW TO COOK SHRIMP TACOS:
We used our classic taco seasoning for this recipe to give it that Mexican taste. You can tweak the seasoning to your personal liking.
- Shrimp taco seasoning- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the taco seasoning. If you want the shrimp spicy, add more chili powder than indicated.
- Prep shrimp- Devein and peel the shrimp. Completely pat dry and generously season with the taco seasoning.
- Cook shrimp- In a large skillet, add the butter and oil. Once hot, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp 4-5 minutes (or until pink and opaque), flipping halfway through the cooking. NOTE- The smaller the shrimp, the quicker it will cook and larger shrimp need a few extra minutes compared to small shrimp.
TIPS: Be sure the shrimp is completely thawed or it won’t cook evenly. To thaw shrimp, place in the refrigerator overnight. If you forget, just add the shrimp to cool water for 20-30 minutes.
HOW TO SERVE SHRIMP TACOS:
- Toast tortillas- You can either toast the tortillas in a skillet or just fold up the tortilla and toast it in a toaster.
- Assemble- Add a generous portion of the slaw to the tortilla. Then add the shrimp. Top with avocado and tomatoes and drizzle more of the sauce over everything. Drizzle fresh lime juice for added flavor, if desired.
Recipe inspired from Familyfoodonthetable.com
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6-8 medium tortillas, or desired size
- 1 Tbsp oil (olive or canola)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely shredded
Cilantro lime sauce;
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup cubed tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- optional: lemon juice, to top
- optional: 3 Tbsp feta cheese
READ ALSO: The BEST Healthy Breakfast Burritos
- First, in a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cilantro lime sauce.
- Then, finely shred the green cabbage and red cabbage. Add some of the dressing and mix until well combined.
- And then, cube the avocado and tomatoes.
- Next, season the shrimp with taco seasoning.
- Then, in a skillet, heat oil and butter until hot. Once hot add the shrimp and cook 2 minutes per side, or until pink and opaque.
- Next, warm the tortillas.
- And last, assemble: Add the cabbage slaw, shrimp, avocado, tomatoes. Drizzle with more cilantro lime sauce and fresh lime juice.
- Serve & Enjoy!