Make these ultimate comfort food for your family: DELICIOUS Shepherd’s Pie (or Cottage Pie) with ground beef (or lamb!). A simple, yummy and easy to make dish for everyone. #shepherds #shepherdspie #pie #groundbeef #dinner #easydinner
Great and flexible recipe! I have made this recipe several times. I love it and so does everyone who tries it.
Best Shepherd’s Pie ever. I tried this a month ago and my college kid said it was the best dinner he’d ever had. I’m making it again tonight for his last dinner home this fall and he is so excited. It is delicious!
A delicious filling with lots of gravy underneath a fluffy layer of mashed potatoes, are perfect for a cold night, or as a special event treat.
Recipe adapted from Savorynothings.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 medium carrots finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/3 cup red wine OR more broth if avoiding alcohol
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (click for my recipe and you’ll have some leftovers to sneak during cooking)
Get the instructions in here: Delicious Shepherd’s Pie I’ve EVER Made!
Thank you Nora as owner Savorynothings.com for making & share this great recipe. You’re awesome!
READ ALSO: The PERFECT Mashed Potatoes For EVERY Time!