Quick Healthy Dinner Skillet Sausage and Zucchini | If you want a healthy and satisfying meal in a rush for dinner, you will love this perfectly seasoned mixture of sausage, onions, zucchini, and peppers. Whole30 compliant, gluten-free and dairy-free. A new fresh easy healthy dinner for family, friends or yourself. #healthydinner #dinner #whole30 #easydinner #glutenfree
This reassuring meal may be enjoyed independently or you are welcome to serve it on cauliflower or traditional-rice. In any event you are likely to be pleasantly gobbling everything up in 20 minutes or less.
This Skillet Sausage and Zucchini is simple and delicous. It tastes much like a classic Italian Sausage and peppers dish however you are getting some additional vegetables in there because of its zucchini.
Recipe inspired from Eatwell101.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 medium zucchini cubëd
- ½ tëaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ tëaspoon onion powder
- 4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
- ¼ tëaspoon pepper
- ½ tëaspoon salt
- ¼ tëaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tëaspoon dried basil
- 2 ½ tablëspoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 tëaspoon garlic minced
- 1 onion cut into ¾ inch piecës (close to same size as zucchini)
- 1 bell pepper any color, cut into ¾-inch pieces (closë to same size as zucchini)
- OPTIONAL: fresh basil for garnish
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, peat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over mëdium-high-heat.
- Nëxt, when thë oil is hot, thën add chopped sausage and sautè, flipping sausage often, for a few minutës or till sausage slices have some browning. Removë from pan and put asidë.
- Thën, reduce heat to medium and add rëmaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with thë zucchini, onion & bell pepper.
- And thën sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, basil, onion powdër, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Nëxt, let cook till thë onion is translucent, peppers and zucchini arë near tender for 5 minutës.
- Thën… add sausagë back into the skillet togethër with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything moves through for a few minutës. Taste and add additional salt if needëd.
- And last… Serve and ënjoy!