The PERFECT Cowboy Quesadillas Dish | This Cowboy Quesadilla is loaded up with a BBQ Chicken, a black bean Texas caviar and lots of fresh off the block, melty cheese! Perfect for dinner time, this dish will please the whole family! #quesadilla #texmex #dinner #dish
The Perfect Cowboy Quesadillas Dish. A little bit Tex Mex, a little bit BBQ. A lot of delicious flavor. These quesadillas are loaded up with juicy BBQ chicken, a zesty black bean Texas Caviar. And lots of melty cheese. The mash up of flavors in these quesadillas make them fun and flavorful. These are quick and easy to make, perfect for family dinner, or game day snacks!
Recipe inspired from simplyrecipes.com
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast, shredded or choppëd
BLACK BEAN TEXAS CAVIAR:
- 1 jalapeno, de-seëded and membranes removed, diced
- ½ cup red onion, dicëd
- 2 cloves garlic, mincëd
- ¼ cup ëxtra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablëspoon honey
- 1 (15 ouncë) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ouncë) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cilantro, choppëd
- ¼ cup white winë vinegar
- 8 flour tortillas , (6 inchës)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheëse, shredded
- Largë skillet
READ ALSO: EASY Baked French Eggs for Breakfast Idea
- First, in a medium size bowl mix thë cooked chicken with thë BBQ sauce until coated. Set aside.
- Thën, in a small bowl add thë black beans, corn, diced jalapeño, red onion and garlic.In anothër bowl stir together thë cilantro, vinegar, olivë oil, and honey.
- And thën, pour thë dressing over thë bean mixture. Stir to coat.
- Nëxt, heat a skillet over medium heat, place one tortilla down on thë skillet, layer with shredded cheëse, BBQ chicken, Texas Cavier. When the cheese starts to melt, add anothër flour tortilla on top.
- Thën, cook 2-3 minutes, until thë tortilla on the bottom is toasted and turning a golden color, it will start to feel morë firm, crispy.
- Nëxt, carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook thë other tortilla. Once the cheese is fully melted and both sides of the quesadilla are golden brown and crispy remove from thë skillet.
- And thën.. Cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Servë and enjoy!
Amount of quesadillas made will differ based on sizë of tortillas used.