The Best EASY Homemade Pie Crust Dough Recipe | This homemade pie crust dough recipe yields a flaky tender crust with rich buttery flavor. This recipe uses only butter (NO SHORTENING) so it is all natural. It’s easy recipe to help you make pie. #piecrust #pie #dough #piecrustdough #homemade
Recipe inspired from Livewellbakeoften.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
Ingredients for Butter Pie Crust Dough Recipe:
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more to dust, *measured correctly
- 1/2 lb COLD unsalted butter (2 sticks) diced into 1/4″ pieces
- 6 Tbsp ice water (6 to 7 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, place flour, sugar and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- Then, add cold diced butter and pulse the mixture until coarse crumbs form with some pea-sized pieces then stop mixing.
- Next, mixture should remain dry and powdery.
- Then, add 6 Tbsp ice water and pulse just until moist clumps or small balls form. Press a piece of dough between your finger tips and if the dough sticks together, you have added enough water. If not, add more water a teaspoon full at a time. Be careful not to add too much water or the dough will be sticky and difficult to roll out.
- Next, transfer dough to a clean work surface, and gather dough together into a ball (it should not be smooth and DO NOT knead the dough).
- Then, divide dough in half and flatten to form 2 disks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour before using in recipes that call for pie crust.
You can make this Pie Crust Dough for make: The GENIUS Filling Pie Recipe