The PERFECT Pecan-Crusted Sweet Potato Casserole is great dish for anyone. Anyone who likes to have dessert first will love this dish! It’s perfect as a side dish on a holiday. A perfect dish that really easy to make. (or any other day, really). #desserts #sidedish #casserole #potato #dish #baking
Recipe adapted from Almanac.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 8 or more servings
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup light cream or milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, in pieces, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Then, pierce each sweet potato several times with a paring knife or fork and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until soft and tender when pierced with a paring knife. Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack. Cut a slit in the potatoes lengthwise and cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next, scoop the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash it with a potato masher or fork. Add the butter, sugar, and cream and, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat to blend. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat to combine. Add the vanilla, salt, and allspice and beat until evenly mixed. Spread the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Then, make the topping (instructions below), then bake for 45 minutes at 350°F, or until the ingredients are puffed slightly and the topping is a rich light brown. Transfer to a cooling rack for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- First, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse briefly.
- Then, add the pecans and spread the topping evenly over the sweet potato mixture.