Easy to make, this vegan Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is delicious and tasty! This healthy make-ahead breakfast will keep you feeling full until lunch. #breakfast #peanutbutter #oatmeal #banana #healthybreakfast #brunch
These vegan Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is made with pantry staples and is a great healthy breakfast that the whole family will enjoy. Easy to make with minimal prep, it’s a delicious make ahead breakfast that can be enjoyed on busy mornings or brunching with friends. #breakfast #peanutbutter #oatmeal #banana #healthybreakfast #brunch
Recipe adapted from FeelGoodFoodie.Net
Thank you for Yumna Jawad from FeelGoodFoodie.Net who make & share this the BEST Healthy Breakfast Recipe EVER!
Tips for making banana baked oatmeal
- Use old fashioned oats for this recipe. Quick oats are chopped into finer pieces, which makes them faster to cook. Although they taste the same as rolled oats, the texture of quick oats is much finer, so they soak up more moisture and can dry out the baked oatmeal.
- Do not mix the oats with milk ahead of time. If you want to prep the recipe halfway before baking, you can mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl. Just don’t combine them until you’re ready to bake. Otherwise the oats will soak up all the liquid and yield a dry texture.
- Add more liquid for a softer consistency. The consistency of this is almost like a dense muffin but I like that it stays compact that way. If you feel the consistency is too dry, feel free to add 1/4-1/2 cup more milk.
- Double the recipe for a bigger crowd. If you double this banana baked oatmeal, use a large baking dish and just add 10 minutes to the baking time.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 6 servings
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Get The Instructions in Here: Best Healthy Banana Baked Oatmeal
READ ALSO: EASY New Fresh Ground Turkey Patties