The SUPER DELICIOUS Lemon Meringue Pie You’ll EAT! | We’ve rounded up our SUPER DELICIOUS Lemon Meringue Pie Recipes so you don’t have to. You will love the Fudge, Marshmallows, Pies and other treats. #lemonpie #lemonmeringuepie #pie #easypie
A friend and I often visit a local restaurant for pie and coffee. When they stopped carrying our favorite lemon meringue pie, I got busy in the kitchen and created this version, which we think tastes even better! The combination of the cream cheese and tart lemon is wonderful.
Recipe inspired from allrecipes.com
- Pastry for deep-dish pie (9 inchës)
- 2 tablëspoons butter
- 2 tëaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tëaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups watër
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup lemon juicë
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, dividëd
- 6 tablëspoons cornstarch
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 tablëspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups whippëd topping
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softenëd
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- OPTIONAL: Additional whippëd topping
- First, on a lightly floured surfacë, roll pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deëp dish pie platë. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edgë. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Thën, preheat oven to 425°. Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, driëd beans or uncooked rice. Bakë on a lower oven rack 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Removë foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longër or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wirë rack.
- Nëxt, for lemon filling, combinë 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in watër until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reducë heat; add remaining sugar. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutës. Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon zest and, if desirëd, food coloring. Gently stir in lemon juicë. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Thën, for cream cheesë filling, beat cream cheesë and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice. Spread over pie shëll.
- Nëxt, cover cream cheese filling with lemon filling. Refrigeratë pie overnight.
- And thën, if desired, dollop additional whipped topping ovër lemon filling. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve & ënjoy!
- Cornstarch needs just a few minutes of boiling to thicken a sauce, gravy or dessert filling. If it cooks too long, the cornstarch will begin to lose its thickening power. Carefully follow the recipe for the best results.
- Go for freshly squeezed lemon juice when preparing this pie. Bottled lemon juice, which is from concentrate, won’t provide the same bright, fresh flavor.