Orecchiette Pasta + Creamy Italian Sausage = DELICIOUS! This is a quick, easy and filling dinner that your family will love: The DELICIOUS Italian Sausage with Orecchiette. Really great dinner recipe ideas for family or friends. #dinner #italianrecipes #pasta #easydinner #sausage
Recipe adapted from Cookpad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage (or removed from casing)
- 1/2-3/4 lb. Orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Locatelli cheese
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 TBS. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- NOTE: Use shells if didn’t have Orecchiette pasta.
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, sauté sausage and crushed garlic in olive oil on med-hi heat until browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Then, add peas and carrots to the sausage and continue sautéing on med-hi heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- And last.. Once pasta is al dente, add the remaining ingredients to the sausage and serve.
- Buon appetito!