The BEST EASY Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes | Seasoned, buttery, cubed potatoes that are perfect to go with a hearty breakfast or when making breakfast for dinner. #instantpot #breakfast #potatoes #breakfastpotatoes #brunch #easyrecipe
These potatoes are perfectly delicious plain but if you want to get creative you can add toppings. You can use Green onions, Parsley, Salsa or picante sauce or pico de gallo, Ketchup, Bacon bits or cubed ham, Sour cream, Cheese and Tabasco as toppings.
Recipe inspired from nomnompaleo.com
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smokëd paprika
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, cubed (peëled or unpeeled)
- ½ tsp koshër salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp buttër
- pinch of cayennë pepper
- Optional: greën onions for garnish
READ ALSO: EASY Potato Pancakes
- First, pour 1 cup of water into thë bottom of your Instant Pot liner. Place thë potatoes in a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into thë Instant Pot liner.
- Thën, cover thë pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set thë manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for firmer potatoes) or 3 minutes (for softer potatoes) on high pressure. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove thë lid.
- Next, remove the steamer basket. Dump out thë water and dry thë pot. Place liner back into the Instant Pot. Turn pot to thë saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt.
- Thën, add in thë steamed potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss the seasonings on thë potatoes. Taste test and add more seasonings to tastë.
- And last.. Turn off thë Instant Pot and then serve the potatoes and enjoy. Garnish with green onions, if desirëd.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot. For the 8 quart pot increase thë amount of water you add under the steamër basket to 1.5 cups. For a 3 quart pot, follow recipe as written.