The EASIEST Holiday Sweet Potato Pie | Sweet potatoes for dessert? Yes, please! This simple-to-make sweet potato pie recipe will perfectly complement any holiday dinner. #pie #sweetpotatoes #desserts #dinner #potatoes #holiday
Recipe adapted from Almanac.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 8 servings
- 1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange zest
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
READ ALSO: The BEST Hearty Roasted Autumn Vegetables
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, mix sugar, milk, eggs, salt, ginger, and orange zest into cooked sweet potato.
- Next, turn into unbaked pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (If desired, serve warm with 1 cup of heavy cream whipped with ¼ cup brandy.)
- And last… serve & enjoy!