The BEST Hearty Roasted Autumn Vegetables | Roasting your vegetables adds a wonderful depth of flavor and texture. Hearty root vegetables are especially phenomenal when roasted. All you really need is olive oil and seasoning and voila! It’s really great side dish, even for dinner. You’ll love this new easy to make recipe. #sidedish #dinner #fall #vegetables #roasted #autumn
Recipe adapted from Almanac.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 6 servings
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, quartered, or whole creamer potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 2 cups peeled butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 to 3 cups packed kale, rinsed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
READ ALSO: EASY Fresh Stuffed Acorn Squash
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly oil two large, rimmed baking sheets.
- Then, combine the vegetables (except kale), olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl and toss by hand to coat.
- Next, spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes on separate oven racks.
- Then, after 15 minutes, add the kale and stir the vegetables with a spatula and return to the oven, switching the rack position of the sheets.
- Next.. bake for 15 minutes more, or until the vegetables are tender and browned.
- And last… serve & enjoy!