Easy New Hearty Mexican Casserole Dish | This Mexican Casserole is a hearty new dinner recipe that the whole family will love. It is easy to customize for picky eaters and is fast to make on a busy weeknight. #dinner #mexicanfood #casserole #easydinnerideas #groundbeef #hamburger
These Mexican Casserole has been a family favorite at our house for years. This recipe is hearty, filling and full of great ingredients! Adding a salad to this makes a full meal. Did I mention this is EASY to make?
One way I can save some time is to put this easy Mexican casserole together in the morning before I head out to work. Then when I get home I can just throw it in the oven and bake. Dinner will be on the table in no time!
Recipe is adapted from LifeIsSweeterByDesign.com
Thank you for Jamie from LifeIsSweeterByDesign.com who make & share this recipe. You’re amazing!
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 12 ounce package corn tortillas
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips on the side if desired
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 15 ounce can ranch-style beans
- 4 cups shredded cheese
READ ALSO: The FAVORITE Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Then, brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain excess fat if desired.
- Next, after beef is browned, add taco seasoning, beans, diced tomatoes/green chilies, and soup. Mix well and heat.
- Then, in a 13×9 baking dish, cover bottom of the dish with about a cup of meat mixture.
- Next, top this mixture with a single layer of corn tortillas.
- Then, put 1/2 of the remaining meat mixture on top of the tortilla layer and then cover with cheese.
- And then… repeat a layer of corn tortillas.
- Next, place remaining meat mixture on top and finish off with the remaining cheese.
- Then, bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- And last… serve with tortilla chips if desired & enjoy!
NOTES & TIPS:
- There are several ways to adapt this recipe for taste or for what you have on hand. I have used both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup in this recipe. I think it tastes great both ways!
- I will sometimes add an extra can of beans or rotel to bring even more nutrition to the dish. You can add more heat to the casserole by using Hot Rotel or adding some cayenne pepper to the meat mixture.
- I have also used fajita seasoning when I was out of taco seasoning!
- The only thing that I would NOT recommend is using flour tortillas.. I tried it and they were too mushy.