A new fresh delicious, hearty, and healthy sweet potato stew made in the crockpot (slow cooker). This stew is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, tomatoes, beef, and plenty of seasoning! Really great idea for family dinner or dinner with your friends. And also this new recipe is easy to make. #crockpot #slowcooker #stew #potato #dinner #healthyrecipes
Recipe adapted from Cookpad
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 4-6 People
- 2-3 beef bullion cubes
- 1 lb beef chuck roast cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups (2 sweet potatoes chopped)
- 4 bacon strips
- Or 12oz bag of frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 8 oz bag mini carrots
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2-3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt and pepper
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup chopped celery
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, crockpot bags are the key to success!
- Then, in a pan cook bacon strips.
- Next, peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker.
- Then, add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots, drained can of corn and undrained can of diced tomatoes and bacon.
- Next, toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Then, place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all.
- Next, add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley.
- Then, crumble in the boullion cubes and the water.
- Stir everything together and try to submerge the meat below the veggies to keep it as tender as possible. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low.
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf.
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it’s delicious!
- And last.. serve & enjoy!