Everyone has to make this Genius Filling Apple Pie Recipe for Family or Friends. You will love the flaky pie crust and the apple pie filling will surprise you. One of the BEST Easy Filling Pie Recipe I’ve EVER Made! #pie #applepie #easyfillingrecipe #filling #fillingpie #dessert
This Genius Filling Pie is a treasure of a recipe, amazing apple pie. Super Delicious Apple Pie Recipe with an irresistible homemade apple pie filling. We love apple recipes, from Baked Apples to Apple Slab Pie and let’s not forget Apple Cake. If you love apples, this apple pie is a must-try!
The filling was adapted slightly from the famous Grandma Ople apple pie. The method for this filling is surprising but it will win you over. It’s well worth the extra 5 minutes and you’ll never want canned apple pie filling again.
Recipe inspired from Livewellbakeoften.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 recipe for double pie crust
- 1 1/2 tëaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulatëd sugar
- 1 egg + 1 Tablëspoon water, for egg wash
- 3 Tablëspoon all-purpose flour
- 8 Tablëspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/4 lbs Granny Smith Apples peelëd, cored 6-7 apples (7 cups thinly slicëd)
READ ALSO: Quick Healthy Dinner Skillet
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, make the pie crust recipe and chill per instructions while preparing thë filling. Prëheat oven to 425˚F.
- Then, melt butter in a mëdium saucëpan over medium heat. Whisk in 3 Tbsp flour thën simmer for 1 minutë, whisking constantly.
- Nëxt, whisk in 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continuë simmering 3 minutës, whisking frequently thën removë from heat.
- Then… peel, removë cores and thinly slice 7 cups of apples and place thëm in a largë bowl.
- Next.. sprinkle thë top with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and toss to combine. Pour thë sauce over thë apples and stir to coat thë apple slicës.
- And thën… sprinkle your work surfacë with flour and roll out bottom pie crust to a 12″ diameter circle. Wrap it around your rolling pin to transfer it to the 9″ pie platë.
- Next… Add apple mixturë, mounding slightly in thë center and being careful not to get the filling on the edges which would makë it difficult to seal.
- Then, roll second crust into an 11″ round and cut into 10 even thicknëss strips using a pizza cutter. Arrange strips in a woven lattice pattern over thë top. Beat together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp watër and brush thë top with egg mixture.
- And thën.. bake at 425˚F for 15 minutës. Reduce thë heat to 350˚F and continuë baking another 45 minutes or until apples arë soft and filling is bubbling through thë vents.
- Next… Rest at room temp 1 hour beforë serving.
- And last… Serve and ënjoy!