Stuffed Acorn Squash has become a fall staple: easy, fresh, original and delicious! It’s a dish that everyone enjoys — and is happy to have again. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or as main dish for dinner with family or friends. You’ll love this dish. #squash #easyrecipes #breakfast #lunch #maindish #dinner
The acorn squash is stuffed with ground sausage and apple, then baked in the oven. If you prefer, you can make this vegetarian by leavin gout the meat.
Tip: To make the squash stand upright, just cut off a slice from the bottom.
Recipe adapted from Almanac.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 2 servings
- 1 large acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 apple or pear, cored and diced
- 1 pound ground sausage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
READ ALSO: The BEST Hearty Autumn Garden Soup
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Then, place squash, cut side up, on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until flesh is tender.
- Next, in a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage. When cooked thoroughly, add apples and stir until fruit is softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then, stuff cooked squash cavity with sausage mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more. Cool slightly before serving.
- And last… serve & enjoy!