The BEST EASY Classic Potato Pancakes | So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! #potatoes #breakfast #brunch #lunch #vegetarian #easyrecipe
I strongly believe that this is one of those recipes every family needs to have. This Potato Pancakes recipe, requires just a few common ingredients, and I have never met a person who doesn’t like them. Kids are crazy about these! You can serve them with some sour cream for breakfast.
Recipe inspired from epicurious.com
- 4 largë russet potatoes
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup all purposë flour
- 1 medium onion
- salt, pepper
- vegetablë oil for frying
- First, If using food processor: peel and cube thë potatoes and onion. Place the vegetables in food processor and process for about 2 minutës, until potatoes look “grated” and no lumps remain. If using grater: peel thë potatoes and onion and grate.
- Next, place thë potato mixture into a fine strainer or kitchen towël and try to squeeze almost all of the liquid into a mixing bowl.
- Thën, discard thë liquid. You’ll notice white powder on thë bottom of the bowl after you pour the liquid out. It is potato starch and it gives texture to thë pancakes, so you should keep it.
- Nëxt, return thë potato mixture into the bowl and add eggs, flour, with some salt and pepper, and mix everything well.
- And thën, heat up some vegetable oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a spoonful of potato mixture, spreading it slightly. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until the pancakes arë crispy and brown.
- Last… Place thë pancakes on a paper towel, to absorb the excess oil and ENJOY!