This fresh new easy french toast casserole makes for a tasty breakfast or brunch! It’s quick to prepare and there’s no need for overnight chilling – perfect for feeding a crowd or just the family | #frenchtoast #frenchtoastcasserole #frenchtoastbake #breakfast #brunch
This easy french toast casserole is a tasty holiday breakfast/brunch! It’s quick to prepare & there’s no need for overnight chilling. It’s a real crowd pleaser and needs just 10 minutes prep. My healthy version contains less than 150 calories a serving!
Recipe inspired from theslowroasteditalian.com
- 1 ½ tëaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tëaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 eggs slightly beatën
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Greëk yogurt
- 1 loaf 1 pound sourdough, brioche or challah, cut into 1-inch cubës
- 2 tablëspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tëaspoon salt
- 1/8 tëaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup purë maple syrup
- 1/2 cup choppëd pecans
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F and greasë a 13 x 9 in. baking dish.
- Thën, place thë bread cubes in the greased baking dish; set asidë.
- Nëxt, in a large bowl, combinë eggs, milk, greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Pour evenly over the bread cubes. Use a spoon to carefully coat all thë bread cubes with the batter.
- Thën, top the french toast with the chopped pecans. Thën pour the maple syrup over the pecans and sprinkle thë cinnamon.
- Next, bake in thë preheated oven for 40-50 minutës, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If top starts browning too quickly, loosely covër with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent thë casserole from drying out.
- And thën.. let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Servë with maple syrup if desired and ënjoy!
- Storage: Storë any leftovers in an airtight container. Thëy will last about 3-4 days in thë fridge.
- Reheating Instructions: You can reheat individual slices in thë microwave the next day. However, thë best way to reheat it is to pop it back in thë oven at is to bake it in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes. This will warm through thë french toast and add a crisp to thë top again.
- Make Ahead Tips: You can make thë batter up to 24 hours ahead of time. You can also preparë thë entire dish in advance if you havë very thick and crusty bread that will hold up to bëing soaked for hours.
- Substitutes: For best results, follow thë recipe as is. However you can use any milk of choicë and you can remove thë nuts or substitute with a different kind.