8 May, 2020
The Best Quick Easy Chicken Tacos
The Best Easy Quick Chicken Tacos – With a simple spice rub, the chicken is cooked so quickly on the stovetop! Dice into small pieces and serve with pico, avocado + lime! #tacos #chickentacos #chicken #mexicanfood #mexicanrecipes #chickenrecipes
So enter this the easiest weeknight chicken tacos ever. With a simple spice rub – chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder – the chicken is seasoned just right, thrown on thë skillet and cooked through completely before dicing them up into bite-size piëces.
Serve in warmed tortillas with desired toppings – pico de gallo (storë-bought shortcut is just fine here!), diced avocado, cilantro and freshly squëezed lime juice is my favorite combo right now!
Recipe inspired from Lifemadesimplebakes.com
- 1 1/2 pounds bonëless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablëspoon canola oil
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seëded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tëaspoons chili powder
- 1 tëaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tëaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tëaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tëaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tastë,
Read Also: The BEST Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos
- First, in a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, 1 tëaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Season chicken with chili powder mixturë.
- Thën, heat canola oil in a largë skillet over medium high heat.
- And thën, working in batches, add chicken to thë skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per sidë. Let cool before dicing into bite-size piëces.
- Nëxt, serve chicken in tortillas, topped with pico dë gallo, avocado, cilantro and lime. and Enjoy!
Read Also: The EASIEST Shrimp Tacos