These Double-Apple Walnut Bread is the perfect bread for fall! Packed with fruit and walnuts, it just tastes like autumn and is a great seasonal alternative to traditional banana bread. Served warm or cold, this apple walnut bread makes a great breakfast, snack, or dessert! #fall #fallrecipes #bread #dessert #breakfast #snack
Recipe is adapted from Almanac.com
WHAT YOU NEED:
YIELD: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup sweetened or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup peeled, cored, and finely diced apple
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
READ ALSO: The EASIEST Holiday Sweet Potato Pie
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper, if desired.
- Then, in a bowl, combine applesauce, ½ cup of sugar, brown sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Next, in a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make a well and add applesauce mixture. Stir until combined. Fold in diced apples and walnuts. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Then, bake on the center oven rack for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Next, transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and cool thoroughly before slicing.
- And last… serve & enjoy!