Detoxing has been popping up left and right these days as people realize what a toxic environment we live in. I discuss “detox” more in depth here, but the gist of it is this: The only thing that can “detoxify” your body, is your body itself. The kidneys, liver, and lungs in particular work to filter any bad stuff through your system, so the best ingredients when it comes to detox drinks are those that help peak the efficiency of those organs.
1. Beautiful Beet Water
Beets can help thin bile, thereby improving its flow and helping your liver work to the best of its abilities. It also imparts a beautiful light red color to the water that I find lovely and refreshing. Mint contains menthol, which gives your liver a boost by encouraging bile to flow into the duodenum. A little lime works in the same way the menthol does. Combined, these ingredients help your bodies detox system work better than ever.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2-1 red beet
- 1/4 cup of chopped, fresh, peppermint leaves
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1-2 liters of fresh water
HOW TO MAKE:
- Rinse and slice the beet, placing it immediately into 1-2 liters of fresh water (depending on how concentrated you want the flavor to be.
- Chop up the mint and add it into the water along with the lime juice (add in the solid part of the lime after squeezing out the juice.)
- Infuse and chill for 12-24 hours in the refrigerator before drinking. Serve in a glass with ice. This will last for 4 days in the fridge.
2. No More Mercury
Who said that apples and oranges can’t go together? Apples and oranges contain pectin, the same ingredient that puts the gel in gelatin. Pectin will bind willingly to heavy metals, allowing them to be easily flushed from the system. This nifty trick gives your liver a helping hand and helps keep it in tip top shape. In oranges, most of the pectin is in the pith (the white part on the peel) or the membrane between the segments, so be sure to leave the peel and membrane on the fruit. For this particular drink, I enjoy eating the fruit in the glass while I drink it.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2-3 oranges, cut into chunks
- 3 apples, cut into chunks
- 1-2 liters of water
HOW TO MAKE:
- Slice up the apples and oranges into large chunks, leaving the skin/peel on.
- Place in a pitcher with fresh water.
- Infuse for 24 hours before serving in glasses with ice.
We Want to Hear from You! Let us know which remedies work and do not work for you, ask a question or leave a comment. Thanks!
All detox waters recipe is adapted from EverydayRoots.Com
Thank you for Claire Goodall from EverydayRoots.com who make & share all tips above. You’re amazing!