A new fresh yummy, hearty, and healthy sweet potato made in the crockpot (slow cooker). These Crock Pot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili is the perfect meal to serve on Meatless Monday or any day of the week. This chili is hearty and delicious. What a great dinner recipe idea! Good for family or friends too. #crockpot #slowcooker #potato #dinner
Recipe adapted from Cookpad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4-5 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 big sweet potatoes)
- 2 cans (15.5 ounce) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 can (16 ounce) refried beans
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
READ ALSO: The PERFECT Cheesy Mashed Potato Dippers
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, Rinse and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut into chunks.
- Then, place sweet potato chunks into large crockpot.
- Next, add to sweet potatoes your black pepper, chilli powder and ground cumin.
- Then, add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth.
- Next, add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well.
- Then, cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- And last… serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream & enjoy it.