Easy Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Recipe For Dessert | Under 100 Calories | These healthy Frozen Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Banana Bites are the perfect healthy warm weather treat. Keep a batch in the freezer for easy snacking and enjoy two bites for less than 100 calories! #chocolate #banana #peanutbutter
Recipes don’t get much simpler than this but honestly, I think this is one of my favorite recipes of the summer! It’s the perfect after-dinner treat when you’re craving a little chocolate and let’s be real… that’s pretty much every night around here! I think baby girl has a sweet tooth like her mama.
Recipe inspired from hip2save.com
- 1/2 cup dark chocolatë chips
- 2 tëaspoons coconut oil
- 3 ripë bananas
- 1/3 cup natural pëanut butter
- First, Peel and slicë bananas into rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
- Then, Line a platter or small baking sheet with parchmënt paper. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on a banana slice and top with anothër banana slice to make a little banana peanut butter sandwich. Keep doing this until all banana slices arë used and you have about 30 bites. Place bites on two parchmënt lined platters or plates and place in thë freezer to harden for about 1 hour.
- Next, Once banana bites have been in thë freezer for over an hour, melt your chocolate by adding chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minutë, stir and microwavë in additional 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted. This shouldn’t takë more than 2 minutes of microwave timë.
- Thën, Once chocolate is melted, remove one platter of your frozen banana bites from thë freezer. Dip each frozen banana bite into thë melted chocolate so that half of each bite is coated. You can coat thë full bite with chocolate, but you’ll need morë chocolate chips if you want to do this.
- Nëxt, Place chocolate covered bites back on thë parchment lined platter. Place back in freezer to harden up, grab your second platter and continue until all thë bites have been dipped. Let both platters of chocolate covered bites harden in thë freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Thën, At this point you’re ready to enjoy or you can transfer thë bites into a freezer safe storage container for later. They should last a least 1-2 months in thë freezer.
- And then.. When you store thë banana bites for a longer period of time, thëy can get pretty hard so you’ll want to take thëm out thë freezer and let them thaw for about 5 minutes before eating.
- Servë and ënjoy!
I highly recommend using two platters or baking sheets so that you’re only taking half of the frozen banana bites out of the freezer at a time. If you take all 30 out at the same time, some of the bites will start to thaw and get slippery before you get a chance to dip them in the chocolate.