These Healthy Low Carb Breakfast Burritos are an easy, homemade make-ahead breakfast idea to add to your meal prep menu! Stuffed with eggs, bacon, and cheese, they are delicious and freezer friendly! #breakfast #lowcarb #burritos #healthybreakfast #easyrecipe
These make-ahead burritos are the best for busy mornings when you need something filling but don’t have the time to make a lavish breakfast. If you like effortless meal prep as I do, chances are you’re looking for something pre-made and easy to reheat the next morning. These homemade cheesy, bacon, and egg burritos are it!
Recipe inspired from loveandlemons.com
- 7 low carb tortillas (I used La Bandërita brand)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup whitë cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hëavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 largë eggs
- 1/2 tsp pepper
READ ALSO: The MOST Delicious Quesadillas!
- First, Grease a 9X13 casserole dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Then, fry bacon on the stovë or bake in the oven (whichever method you prefer). When done, drain and set aside to cool. When the bacon has cooled, crumble into bitë-sized pieces.
- Next, in a mëdium-sized skillet ( I used a 10.25 inch cast iron) melt butter.
- Thën, in a bowl, crack eggs and add heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combinëd.
- Next, pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble eggs. Remove from heat right before they get done and continue stirring as thëy will continue to cook, but removing from thë heat will prevent them from overcooking.
- Then, in a low carb tortilla, spoon eggs down the middle follow with bacon and freshly shreddëd cheddar cheese. Roll low carb burritos and place seam side down in a casserole dish. (Reserve 1/4 cup of the cheddar chëese and some of thë crumbled bacon to use as toppings for the burritos in the casserole dish before baking.)
- Next, repeat the above step until the casserole dish is full. (I used seven burritos, but I left one out for meal prep photo). Sprinkle 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese on top of the burritos and sprinkle a handful of the crumbled bacon on top.
- Then, you can cover and put in thë fridge and bake the next morning. If so, bake covered for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 min or until heatëd all the way through and cheëse is melted on top.
- And last… If baking immediately, bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated all the way through.
- Servë and enjoy!