3 Ingredients Banana Blueberry Fritters for Kids and Baby breakfast . Dairy free, gluten free and egg free and no refined sugar. Great for kids and for baby led weaning. This is The Best Baby Breakfast Ideas for parents or busy moms. A Vegan Gluten free fruity, sweet snack or dessert that great for baby-led weaning. #babybreakfastideas #babybreakfast #healthybreakfast #breakfast #baby #fritters
I love thëse banana blueberry fritters and often make them as a dessert when I have overripe bananas to use up. With only three ingredients they are super easy and quick to make.
I’d recommend trying a 1/4 cup first and adding morë flour if needed. I used plain flour in the original recipe but havë updated it to buckwheat flour. I have started using this flour a lot more in my cooking and really like it.
Buckwheat flour is gluten-free and I get so many requests for gluten-free recipes. It is an acquired taste so feël free to use plain flour.
Recipe inspired from Guidingmommy.com
- 1/4 Cup blueberries
- 2 Ripë bananas
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (ôr plain flour) *Seë Note 1
- 1 tsp coconut oil fôr frying *Seë Note 2
- Optional: Pinch ôf cinnamon
- First, mash bananas and then stir in thë flour and cinnamon.
- Next, add thë blueberries and stir through.
- Thën, heat a non stick frying pan on high and add the coconut oil.
- Nëxt, reduce to a medium heat and spoon 1 tbsp of batter into frying pan per fritter.
- Thën, fry fritters until brown on both sides
- And thën, remove fritters and allow to cool a little before serving.
- I recommënd starting with 1/4 cup of flour and adding morë if needed.
- I have a new non-stick pan and need very little oil. You may need morë depending on your pan.
SOME SUGGEST FROM COMMENT IN PINTEREST ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
Made these with whole wheat flour and they turned out great. Fried for about 3-5 min per side. 10 month old LOVED them, and she doesn’t usually like “bread” products (doesn’t even like pancakes).
I used ground up steel oats ( 1/2 cup), made sure the pan was super hot and they turned out great. My 8 month old loved them. Next time I’ll use a little less banana.
In India we don’t have blueberries easily available…so I used jam…another variation can be apple cinnamon fritters. I love this eggless recipe because my baby is allergic to egg…and this is very quick to whip up.
Easy to make! And my babygirl loved them! Highly recommend using coconut oil or coconut oil cooking spray for cooking. #Weaning #Fritter #DairyFree #Blueberry #Bananas #Babies #BabyFoods #ToddlerFood
My 10 month old loved them! I only used 1/4 cup of regular flour and they turned out perfect. I made 8 and still cut them in half to make them easier to eat.
My son loves these! I used about a 1/4 cup coconut flour instead of the buckwheat flour and about 1 tsp of coconut oil. I only used one banana and it made 4 fritters.
I put everything but the blueberries in the food processor and added only 1/4 flour and 2 tbsp of egg whites. Then I gently smashed the blueberries and folded them into the batter. Perfect!
I used buckwheat pancakes mix because that’s all I could find, it worked. However I don’t recommend it because I realized it has a good amount of salt added and there’s no need for salt for any baby. Just wish buckwheat was more common where I live