These FAVORITE Baked Crack Chicken Breasts is a new fresh family favorite low-carb chicken breasts dinner loaded with cream cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese and ranch seasonings. What a great dinner recipe ideas for family or dinner with friends! This is spool great! Flavor is on point and easy to follow. There isn’t a single ingredient in this recipe that I don’t like. #dinner #chicken #bakedchicken #easydinner #easydinnerideas
This dish also referred to as Ranch Chicken with Bacon, is a delicious and creamy dish loaded with cheese and bacon. Hard to believe that Crack Chicken is also Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy combination of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This family-friendly, make-ahead meal is a great weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a weekend crowd.
Recipe is adapted from DietHood.com
Thank you for Katerina from DietHood.com who make & share this recipe. You’re amazing!
WHAT YOU NEED:
For 4 servings
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
For The Chicken:
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
For The Ranch Cream Cheese:
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
- 4- ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- sliced green scallions
- chopped fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE:
- First, preheat oven to 400F.
- Then, lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Then, remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Next, return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- And then… pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Next.. add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Then, flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- And then.. remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Next… in a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Then, top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Next, take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Then, sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Next, bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Then… remove from oven. Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
- And last… serve & enjoy!
NOTES & TIPS:
How To Freeze Crack Chicken:
- Transfer cooled crack chicken to a large freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer the night before and let thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat and serve.