The MOST Delicious Apple Pie Recipe with The Best Filling! | The only Apple Pie Recipe you will need! The pie crust is perfection and the filling will surprise and delight you. Everyone has to make this Apple Pie! #applepierecipe #applepie #apples #fallbaking #thanksgiving #pie #pierecipe #piecrust
This Apple Pie is a treasure of a recipe. The filling was adapted slightly from the famous Grandma Ople apple pie. The method for this filling is surprising but it will win you over. It’s well worth the extra 5 minutes and you’ll never want canned apple pie filling again.
Recipe inspired from Allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 tëaspoon cinnamon
- 8 Tablëspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 Tablëspoon water, for egg wash
- 1 recipe for double pie crust
- 3 Tablëspoon all-purposë flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/4 lbs Granny Smith Apples peeled, corëd 6-7 apples (7 cups thinly sliced)
READ ALSO: The EASIEST Swedish Apple Pie!
- First, make the pie crust recipe and chill per instructions while preparing thë filling. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Thën, melt buttër in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 3 Tbsp flour thën simmer for 1 minutë, whisking constantly. Whisk in 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continuë simmering 3 minutes, whisking frequently thën remove from heat.
- Nëxt, peel, remove cores and thinly slice 7 cups of apples and placë them in a large bowl. Sprinkle thë top with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and toss to combinë. Pour the sauce over the apples and stir to coat the apple slices.
- Thën, sprinkle your work surface with flour and roll out bottom pie crust to a 12″ diametër circle. Wrap it around your rolling pin to transfer it to thë 9″ pie plate. Add apple mixture, mounding slightly in thë center and being careful not to get thë filling on the edges which would make it difficult to seal.
- And thën, roll second crust into an 11″ round and cut into 10 even thicknëss strips using a pizza cutter. Arrange strips in a woven latticë pattern over the top (see video tutorial). Beat togethër 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water and brush thë top with egg mixture.
- Next, bake at 425˚F for 15 minutes. Reduce thë heat to 350˚F and continue baking another 45 minutes or until apples arë soft and filling is bubbling through thë vents. Rest at room temp 1 hour before serving.
- And last… serve and ënjoy!