Apple’s AirPods are among the many hottest earbuds on the earth. The units supply first rate sound high quality in a small bundle, whereas additionally unlocking quite a few extra options for iPhone customers, corresponding to improved Siri interplay.
Apple launched computerized switching in September 2020, enabling AirPods — and choose Beats headphones — for use throughout a number of units comparatively seamlessly. Since AirPods are linked to an Apple ID, any Apple system signed in to the identical account can share the AirPods.
“For instance, in case you’re listening to music in your Mac with AirPods however you need to hear in your iPhone as a substitute, begin taking part in music, a podcast, or different audio in your iPhone—your AirPods swap to iPhone robotically,” reads Apple’s help web page. “Your AirPods additionally swap robotically to iPhone if you make a name.”
Regardless of the comfort of computerized switching, there are occasions when it may be annoying. Thankfully, it’s comparatively straightforward to show this characteristic off.
How To Flip Off AirPods Computerized Switching
To show off computerized switching, you will have to be on the system your AirPods are presently related to.
Directions for an iPhone or iPad
– Open the Settings app, and choose “Bluetooth.”
– Faucet the Data icon subsequent to your AirPods, and search for “Hook up with This [Device]”
– Change the connection choice to “When Final Related to This [Device].”
Directions for a Mac
– Open the System Preferences software.
– Choose “Bluetooth,” after which select “Choices” subsequent to your AirPods.
– Subsequent to “Hook up with This Mac” select “When Final Related to This Mac.”
– When this selection is chosen, your AirPods will robotically hook up with the final system they had been manually related to, and won’t swap to a different system on their very own.
One essential factor to notice: You will want to take the above steps on every of your units, or no less than the units you don’t need your AirPods to robotically swap to. For instance, it’s your decision your AirPods to robotically swap to your iPhone, however not your Mac. In that case, you would want to take the above steps on your Mac, however go away computerized switching enabled in your iPhone.